Mentoring is a strategic tool that—when done right—can attract and retain high-potential talent and accelerate leadership development and readiness. And, as Fortune wrote, It's also effective and inexpensive. To support HR and talent manager professionals in building a successful mentoring program, this UNC Executive Development white paper:
- Discusses the benefits of effective mentoring programs and why more employers are embracing mentoring programs in their organizations.
- Delineates the difference between coaching and mentoring.
- Reviews various types of mentoring programs.
- Offers steps HR and talent management professionals can use to launch successful and sustainable mentoring programs in their organizations.
- Provides examples of mentoring programs being used in organizations today.